All training at the BEST Aquatic Centre and Berkeley International School (50m pool)
Squad Coach: Coach Ploy
Training Sessions per Week: Offered: 8 Min: 5
Focus is on refining skills, techniques, increasing speed and endurance. They will learn basic race strategies, preparation and the concept of goal setting.
Swimmers will build a strong foundation of technique and training to help prepare them to advance to the top age groups when ability warrants.
- Intra-club, Local, National, International Invite.
- Expected to represent BEST at a minimum of two main BEST meets.
Expectations / Criteria for Joining:
- Consistent participation in training and time trial events held at BEST.
- A development of proper race–pace turns, starts and underwater phases.
- Ownership of Swimming’ – Developing a commitment to the training program and learning how to communicate their experiences, goals, conflicts if any, and scheduling difficulties.
- Ability to complete 12x100m Free @ 1min 50, + 6x100m IM @2mins
- Technically correct starts, turns and underwater.
- Pull buoy
- Short fins
- BEST Swim cap
- Waterbottle (1x1L)