All training at the BEST Aquatic Centre
Squad Coach: Coach Top
Training Sessions per Week: Offered: 5 Min: 3
|09:00-10:15 AM |
* Scroll to see all.
This squad is for the competitive swimmer of any age who has progressed through the club squads via trial or as an inter-club transfer.
Seasonal planned sessions, varying between distance and sprint work. The squad also focuses on the maintenance of good stroke through skills and drills.
Once the Coach feels that a swimmer has met the criteria and obtained the appropriate qualifying times for Gold Squad, we will be in contact to discuss opportunities.
- Intra-club, Local.
- Intra-club Meets to gain valuable experience of racing.
- Two main BEST designated team events per year
- Swimmers will focus on developing techniques, aerobic fitness and race speed to achieve their swimming goals
- They will learn basic race strategies and preparation
Expectations / Criteria for Joining:
- Ability to swim 100m Free, Back, Breast and 50m Fly.
- We expect all swimmers to be able to perform legal turns, bilateral breathing, and best underwater practices. They will implement on a regular basis good streamlining and work on strong starts and finishes.
- Pull buoy
- Short fins
- BEST Swim cap
- Waterbottle (1x2L)